I just realised that I made a silly error in the Year-to-date transformation table demonstration scripts. It doesn’t affect the validity of the conclusions, thank goodness, but I’ll correct it shortly.

The error was that in the select statement I should have been grouping by the date_of_sale, not the month_of_sale, so the numbers are rather meaningless as they stand. Ironic really, as I’m often lecturing people on the topic of paying attention to the dimensionality and meaning of the result sets in such situations.



2 thoughts on “Whoops!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s