A list of things we did this weekend
- Recommissioned sprinkler system, watered plant, soaked lawn, decommissioned sprinkler system
- Cut kids’ hair — no fatal wounds inflicted.
- Cleared basement
- Got rid of four old tires
- Made chicken and rice soup
- Mended kite — flew kite — broke kite again
- Boxed 10 cu.ft. of kids clothes, to go to Afghanistan via USAF apparantly.
- Got Poweredge 6400 running on Centos 4, moved it to the basement & started Oracle 10.1 install.
OK, about item 8.
The tricky part of the business was the boot. I had grub stage2read errors coming out the wazoo, and eventually gave up on trying “conventional” fixes. Booting with a floppy drive turned out to be the answer, as long as it referenced an initrd. Quite the learning experience.
Note to self: make backup of floppy disk! Maybe two backups.